Some children grow up to be fulfilled and successful adults.
Some children although intelligent are not motivated to do well.
Bringing small changes at home can improve child’s motivation. Some points to consider are:
1. If you are happy, your child will do better. Create happy environment at home.
The proponents of positive Psychology suggest that if you are happy in present situation, your intelligence, creativity, energy level and productivity increases.
2. Use complex sentences in everyday conversations. Your kids will achieve high scores on literacy-related tasks in kindergarten.
3. Be involved parents.
Make sure child has learnt his lessons well.
Find out where he is facing problems.
Help him to clear his doubts.
Help him in organising things.
Provide support with homework. Your child will do better in classroom.
4. Be involved in school matters. Attend Teacher- parents meetings. Participate in school activities.
5. Recognize and appreciate your child’s efforts.
If your child has made a card, put it up on the fridge. If he has written a poem, listen to it and show your delight.
This will encourage your child. He will feel confident.
6. If you aim high, the child will strive hard to do well to fulfil your expectations. You must expect your kid to do well.
It is also important to